as an Institution:
Concept of government - democracy, adult suffrage, factors
that influence people to vote or not to vote.
Types of government systems - crown colony, constitutional
Structure of government - unicameral, bicameral, the composition
Legislature - making laws, how laws are made.
- making policy
- Cabinet responsibility
- Ministers of government.
Functions of Governments
- raise revenue through direct
and indirect taxation;
- provide social services welfare,
education, health; public utilities;
- manage the finances of the
- maintain law and order; create
- maintain international relations;
- defend the nation-state.
Judiciary - interpreting the law; administering the law -
Types of electoral systems in the Commonwealth Caribbean
first past the post/simple majority.