Leader: Vance AMORY
House of Representatives seats, 2004: -
In 1987 the Concerned Citizens Movement (CCM) was formed on the founding principle of constitutional reform. The Concerned Citizens Movement advocated for more autonomy for the island of Nevis so that Nevisians would have full control over the affairs of the island. In June 1992 CCM was elected to govern Nevis. The Premier in his New years message for 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 called for reform of the constitution.
In preparation for the Federal elections which were due in 1993, CCM published a policy statement which outlined:
- that constitutional reform was necessary for the people of Nevis to have full control over the legislative, political and economic decisions which affect the island.
- that the islands of St.Kitts and Nevis develop along lines that are conducive to the specific situations that are unique to each island
- that the constitutional arrangement between the islands is absurd and serves only to frustrate the wishes of the people of Nevis.
- that the wishes of the Nevis Island Government and the people of Nevis should not have to be sanctioned or approved by the Federal Government in St. Kitts.
- that constitutional reform will take the affairs of Nevis out of the control of a political party in St. Kitts.
You may also email CCM at: