The Hon. Ingrid Moses-Scatliffe
Speaker of the House of Assembly of the British Virgin Islands
Ingrid Moses-Scatliffe is a lawyer and the current Speaker of the House of Assembly of the British Virgin Islands.
Early life and education
Ingrid Moses-Scatliffe was born on 20 October 1969. She holds a BSc in Computer Information Systems from Saint Augustine's College, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA (1994); a LLB from the University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK (2005); and a Bar Vocational Course Post Graduate Diploma (2006) and a LLM from the City University London, England Inns of Court School of Law (2008).
In 2006, she was admitted to the Bar of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn and to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court in the Territory of the Virgin Islands. Prior to studying law, Moses-Scatliffe was employed as Head of Operations by Barclays in the British Virgin Islands
Moses-Scatliffe has been Speaker of the House of Assembly since 8 December 2011.
From 2007 to 2009, she was Chief Registrar of Lands for the British Virgin Islands.
She has been a Partner, Orion Law Barristers and Solicitors Jayla Place, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands since 2010.
Her earlier career highlights include the following:
- Sept. to Dec. 2006: Pupillage, Harney Westwood & Riegels LLP Barristers & Solicitors London, England Summer 2005 Pupillage, O’ Neal Webster O’ Neal Barristers & Solicitors Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Summer 2004: Project Manager Registry of Corporate Affairs, Financial Services Commission Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- 1998 – 2003: Head of Operations Barclays Bank PLC Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- 1995 – 1998: Manager’s Assistant Information Technology Barclays Bank PLC Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- 1994 - 1995 Management Development Trainee Barclays Bank PLC Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- 1986 - 1990 Junior Supervisor, Corporate Department Barclays Bank PLC Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Moses-Scatliffe is divorced with one child.
She is a Member, Honourable Society of Lincolns Inn, London England;
Member, Rotary Club of Tortola, British Virgin Islands;
Member, British Virgin Islands Bar Association, Tortola ,BVIs; and a Certified Dispute Mediator.